The sad reality in this day and age is that schedules are tight and things stack up faster than we can knock ‘em down. What better way to make the most of your time than to get outdoors with family, friends, and our Damn Good Guides?
At Captain, we’re building a platform for outdoor sports based on the belief that everyone deserves easy access to exploring the outdoors.
Focused first on fishing, we'll soon unlock all outdoor sports and geographies, and leading venture investors including Andrew Chen at a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Goodwater Capital, Not Boring Capital, Capital Factory, and others back us in making our passion our profession. We hope you’ll join us.
We’re looking for a creative, growth-minded, hard-working content writer excited to present Captain to millions of adventurers and guides across all outdoor sports and geographies.
You’ll work directly with our founders and our Director of Performance Marketing to double-down on existing SEO content strategies, while exploring new avenues to build Captain’s online presence and thought leadership across fishing and hunting.
You’re not only excited to write captivating outdoor sports content, but you're eager to roll up your sleeves when it comes to keyword research, content optimization, and backlink outreach, and you jump at the opportunity to contribute to brand accretion, vision, search performance data, and engagement.
- Experience in / knowledge of the outdoor industry required
- Passion for fishing (saltwater experience preferred) and hunting required
- SEO-optimized content writing experience required (familiarity with platforms like Ahrefs, SEMRush, etc.)
- Keyword research experience preferred
- Backlink outreach experience preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and wear many hats
- Located in or willing to relocate to Austin, Texas
- Value in-person collaboration (we work via a hybrid model in-person from our central Austin office)
- Collaborate directly with Director of Performance Marketing, Director of Brand Marketing, Content Writers, and founders to oversee the strategic direction and expansion of our organic digital footprint
- Write compelling website content
- Ideate, plan, and implement multi-pronged organic content marketing campaigns across fishing and hunting verticals (and new outdoor sports verticals to come)
- Generate a holistic written content strategy to promote organic growth and outdoors thought leadership
- Regularly review content performance to optimize awareness and engagement
- Key areas of focus: SEO, content marketing, landing pages, long-form content, keyword research, backlink outreach
- Desire to Unlock the Outdoors across all outdoor sports and geographies
- Fulfilling work as part of an early-stage, high-growth team working directly alongside founders
- Ability to help shape the culture and future of Captain
- Growth opportunities in your role as Captain scales
- Competitive salary, healthcare, meaningful equity stake
- Unlimited PTO
- Free trips!