The sad reality in this day and age is that schedules are tight and things stack up faster than we can knock ‘em down. What better way to make the most of your time than to get outdoors with family, friends, and our Damn Good Guides?
At Captain, we’re building a platform for outdoor sports based on the belief that everyone deserves easy access to exploring the outdoors.
Focused first on fishing, we'll soon unlock all outdoor sports and geographies, and leading venture investors including Andrew Chen at a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Goodwater Capital, Not Boring Capital, Capital Factory, and others back us in making our passion our profession. We hope you’ll join us.
We’re hiring a full-time SEO engineer to significantly improve the user-experience and booking process.
You’ll work directly with our Co-Founder & Head of Product Attison and our current team of engineers, diving in to improve image-rendering, decrease pagespeeds, improve technical SEO, and redesign and implement changes to our core customer-facing functionality, among other new feature requests.
You’re not only proud of your code - you also keep an eye towards the customer experience, lean into design and product management conversations, and itch to grow as a leader as we build out the Captain engineering team in 2023 and beyond.
- 3+ years PHP experience and strong php fundamentals, including exposure to Laravel
- 2+ years of MySQL experience
- 3+ years experience working in front-end frameworks and good HTML / CSS / JS fundamentals
- Familiarity with AWS / Cloudflare
- Understanding of technical SEO concepts including pagespeed optimization, accessibility, image optimization, meta tags, alt text, Lighthouse / Pagespeed Insights
- Experience building and shipping production applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and understanding of systems architecture
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and wear many hats
- Experience in / knowledge of the outdoor industry preferred
- Own the technical design, development, and maintenance of new and existing product features
- Refactor the customer experience on key pages of the site from design to implementation
- Rework the front end to improve SEO outcomes
- Increase responsiveness of web pages
- Implement design builds and front end improvements for expansion across multiple outdoor sports
- Build out PWAs for core constituents (adventurers and guides)
- Own projects and take them from start to finish autonomously
- Deliver performant features through an iterative approach: build, ship, measure, and learn
- Juggle large features and small tasks based on company needs
- Help troubleshoot application issues
- Believe in our mission to Unlock the Outdoors across all outdoor sports and geographies
- Fulfilling work as part of an early-stage, high-growth team working directly alongside founders
- Ability to help shape the culture and future of Captain
- Growth opportunities in your role as Captain scales
- Competitive salary, healthcare, meaningful equity stake
- Unlimited PTO
- Free trips!