4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Fishing Guides Near Knoxville, Tn
Getting out in the Melton Hill Reservoir and catching a trophy Musky has never been easier. Captain Steven—the current state record holder for Musky in Tennessee—will guide you on your trip to catch your own personal best. Picture this: you're waking up at the crack of dawn, excited for a day of adventure on the water. As you step outside, the cool morning air hits your face and you can already feel the excitement building inside you. As you make your way to the dock, you see your charter boat waiting for you, ready to go. You climb aboard and introduce yourself to Captain Steven, who starts to talk to you about Musky fishing and the local environment. As you cast your line into the water, you feel a rush of excitement as you wait for a bite. Suddenly, you feel a heavy tug on your line and you reel it in with all your might. As the fish breaks the surface, you can see the distinctive pattern and know you've hooked "The Fish of A Thousand Casts"! As the sun starts to set, you reluctantly head back to the dock, already planning your next Musky charter fishing trip in Tennessee. It's been an exciting and unforgettable day on the water, and you can't wait to do it all again! Captain Steven is a real pro when it comes to Musky fishing, and he'll do everything possible to help you get hooked up on one of these challenging fish. Get out there and give it your best! Read More
Tennessee Musky Fishing
Muskies are known as the fish of 10,000 casts. They are the ultimate angling challenge, but as long as you have a good attitude, patience, and a great guide like Steven, you'll be able to accomplish it too! On this trip, Steven will help you land a trophy musky on the fly. This half or full day trip is catered to all skill levels, and will have all equipment provided. After booking, you'll work with Steve to find out where the best fishing spot will be at the time of your trip. Between surrounding swift rivers, small streams, and large lakes, there's plenty of great places to catch a musky on the fly no matter what time of year. Read More
Tennessee Musky Fly Fishing
The French Broad River is great fishery that produces some nice fish . The section that i fish runs from Douglas dam all the way to Knoxville. This stretch of water has great bass and walleye fishing. We typically fish for about 4 hours . If you are visiting the Gatlinburg /Pigeon Forge/ Sevierville area this stretch of river is a great choice . Read More
French Broad River Fishing
Top Types of Trip in Knoxville
Everything to Know About Booking a Fishing Guide in Knoxville
What are the best fishing trips in Knoxville?
Our guides in Knoxville are rated a 5 out of 5 based on 9637 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly guides in Knoxville? Check out our beginner and family friendly guides in Knoxville.
What types of fishing trips are common in Knoxville?
River fishing is the most popular in Knoxville as well as lake fishing.
The most commonly sought after species in Knoxville are: 1. muskie, 2. largemouth bass, 3. sauger, and 4. smallmouth bass.
The most common fishing techniques in Knoxville are drift fishing, light tackle fishing, and fly fishing.
How much does a Knoxville fishing trip cost?
in Knoxville prices can range anywhere from an affordable $300 to $500, but the average price for a half day trip in Knoxville is $350. The average price for a full day trip in Knoxville is $467.
What month is best for fishing in Knoxville?
The most popular season for fishing in Knoxville is summer, and most anglers book their trips 37 days in advance.
Do I need a Knoxville fishing license and what are the bag limits in Knoxville?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in Knoxville, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in Knoxville. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in Knoxville.
Popular Types of Fishing In Knoxville
Knoxville fishing charters offer a variety of options for anglers of all levels. The most common types of fishing charters in Knoxville include bass fishing, fly fishing, and catfishing.
Bass fishing charters are popular in Knoxville due to the abundance of largemouth and smallmouth bass in the area. Fly fishing charters are also common, as the nearby Clinch River is known for its trout population.
Catfishing charters are another popular option, with the Tennessee River and its tributaries providing ample opportunities to catch channel, blue, and flathead catfish.
When it comes to the types of fish you can expect to catch on these charters, it varies depending on the type of fishing. Bass fishing charters typically target largemouth and smallmouth bass, while fly fishing charters focus on trout. Catfishing charters, as the name suggests, target catfish.
Some popular landmarks that Knoxville fishing charters visit include Fort Loudoun Lake and the Tennessee River. These bodies of water offer some of the best fishing in the area and are a must-visit for any angler.
The Best Places To Fish In Knoxville
Knoxville, Tennessee is a great place for fishing enthusiasts to cast their lines. From rivers to lakes, there are plenty of options for anglers to choose from. Here are some of the best places to fish in Knoxville:
1. Fort Loudoun Lake - This lake is known for its abundance of bass, crappie, and catfish. Fishing charters are available for those who want to explore the lake's many coves and inlets.
2. Tennessee River - The Tennessee River is a popular spot for fishing, with a variety of fish species including bass, catfish, and sauger. Fishing charters are available for those who want to explore the river's many channels and tributaries.
3. Melton Hill Lake - This lake is known for its large population of smallmouth bass, as well as crappie and catfish. Fishing charters are available for those who want to explore the lake's many coves and inlets.
4. Clinch River - The Clinch River is a great spot for trout fishing, with rainbow and brown trout being the most common species. Fishing charters are available for those who want to explore the river's many pools and riffles.
5. Cherokee Lake - This lake is known for its large population of crappie, as well as bass and catfish. Fishing charters are available for those who want to explore the lake's many coves and inlets.
Overall, Knoxville offers a variety of great fishing spots for anglers of all skill levels. Whether you're looking to catch bass, trout, or crappie, there's a spot for you. Fishing charters are also available for those who want to explore the area's waterways with a knowledgeable guide.
Other Things To Do In Knoxville
While Knoxville fishing charters are a great way to spend your time, there are plenty of other activities to enjoy in this vibrant city. Take a hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, explore the Knoxville Museum of Art, or catch a game at Neyland Stadium. For a unique experience, visit the Knoxville Zoo or take a tour of the historic Tennessee Theatre. And don't forget to indulge in some delicious Southern cuisine at local favorites like Tupelo Honey or Calhoun's on the River. With so much to see and do, Knoxville is the perfect destination for any traveler.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
What a great day on Melton Hill Lake with Steve. He knows the water like he has been fishing it all his life. Exactly what our group was looking for and he moved things around to make it work for us. Awesome guy and expert Musky guide!
Jeff L. with Steven P. of Knoxville, Tennessee
Other Fishing Guide Locations near Knoxville
Other Featured Cities
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters
How are fishing conditions in Knoxville?
View Knoxville Fishing Reports from our damn good guides.