4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Hunting Guides Near South Padre Island, Tx
This is a two person duck hunting trip in the Lower Laguna Madre leaving from South Padre Island, Texas. Species of ducks that winter here are Pintails, Redheads, Teal, Widgeon, Shovelers, Scaup, Buffleheads, Ruddy Ducks and Mottled Ducks plus more. Typically hunt over decoy blocks of at least 70 decoys. Guide will provide a retriever. Clients can bring their own dog if approved by guide. Season typically runs from first weekend of November through last weekend in January. Season is split and is out of season from last Sunday after Thanksgiving and Starts again on second Saturday in December. Hunters need approximate license and waterfowl stamps plus HIP enrollment. I recommend booking dates in advance. Read More
Bay Duck Hunting Trip 2 Person
This is a three person half day private bay duck hunting trip near South Padre Island, Texas. The Lower Laguna Madre has some of the finest duck hunting in the United States when conditions are right. Hunting along the edges of the fronts is absolutely the most ideal time to plan a trip. Multiple species move through this bay system on their way South. Large concentrations of redheads and pintails winter here. Other species that migrate through the South Padre area are widgeon, teal, shovelers, scaup, and others. Clients can bring their own retriever if discussed beforehand with the guide. Typically, hunt over decoy spreads consisting of at least 75 decoys. Guides prefer to duck hunt in the afternoon and will provide a seasoned retriever. This is a fun activity and most clients return to go again. These are not easy hunts and do require some labor. We work with a couple of seasoned taxidermists that can also mount the trophy bird if any clients are interested at a reasonable price. Read More
3 Person Duck Hunt
Everything to Know About Booking a hunting trip in South Padre Island
What are the best bufflehead hunting trips in South Padre Island?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 2 bufflehead trips in South Padre Island, and the most popular trips in the area are 3 Person Duck Hunt guided by Michael and Bay Duck Hunting Trip 2 Person guided by Michael.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, and more.
Looking for kid friendly bufflehead guides in South Padre Island? Check out our beginner and family friendly bufflehead guides in South Padre Island.
What types of bufflehead hunting trips are common in South Padre Island?
Duck hunting is the most popular for bufflehead in South Padre Island.
The most common hunting techniques in South Padre Island are decoy hunting, hunting with dogs, and shotgun hunting but hunting from a blind and calling are popular as well.
How much does a South Padre Island bufflehead hunting trip cost?
for bufflehead in South Padre Island prices can range anywhere from an affordable $500 to $650, but the average price for a half day trip for bufflehead in South Padre Island is $575.
What month is best for bufflehead hunting in South Padre Island?
The most popular season for bufflehead hunting in South Padre Island is summer, and most hunters book their trips 0 days in advance.
Where can I look through all Captain Experiences trips?
See here to browse all the trips we offer.
Other Fishing Species in South Padre Island
- Almaco Jack
- Black Drum
- Black Grouper
- Blackfin Tuna
- Blue Marlin
- False Albacore
- Jack Crevalle
- Mahi Mahi
- Mangrove Snapper
- Red Snapper
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout
- White Marlin
- Yellowfin Tuna
Other Featured Cities
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters