4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Wading Guides In California
Top Types of Wading Trips in California
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a fishing trip in California
What are the best wading trips in California?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 4 wading trips in California, and the most popular trips in the area are Sequoia National Forest Fly Fishing guided by Scott, Astoria Salmon/Steelhead Trip guided by Mark, and Kings Canyon Wade guided by Scott.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly wading guides in California? Check out our beginner and family friendly wading guides in California.
What types of wading trips are common in California?
River fishing is the most popular for wading in California as well as lake fishing.
The most commonly sought after species for wading in California are: 1. rainbow trout, 2. brown trout, 3. steelhead, and 4. striped bass.
How much does a California wading fishing trip cost?
for wading in California prices can range anywhere from an affordable $350 to $625, but the average price for a half day trip for wading in California is $394. The average price for a full day trip for wading in California is $500.
What month is best for on a wading trip in California?
The most popular season to go on a wading trip in California is summer, and most anglers book their trips 0 days in advance.
Do I need a California fishing license and what are the bag limits in California?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in California, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in California. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in California.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Great trip wonderful time. We caught an astonishing variety of fish! Everyone had a great time.
John H. with Shaun U. of San Diego, California
We had a great time on our trip with Captain Nathan’s crew! Noah was our skipper, and Nick was the deckhand. They were both helpful and engaging, and always there to lend a hand. Would definitely recommend for both beginner and experienced anglers!
Elena G. with Nathan B. of San Diego, California
Awesome trip, Captain Sam and his first mate Noah were extremely helpful. Captain had us in a school of bluefin within minutes of stopping. We all met our limit for the day! They cleaned them and bagged them. We got some really awesome pictures! Great trip and would highly recommend Captain Sam.
George D. with Sam S. of San Diego, California
Bobby was our captain and he treated myself, my son and my grandson like we owned the boat. He was very professional and courteous and answered all our questions. He gave us choices which no other service has in the past. This was much appreciated and I plan on returning again.
John P. with Shaun U. of San Diego, California
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters
How are fishing conditions in California?
View California Fishing Reports from our damn good guides.