4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Light Tackle Fishing Charters Near Kona, Hi
Top Types of Light Tackle Fishing Trips in Kona
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a Kailua-Kona light tackle fishing charter
What are the best light tackle fishing charters in Kona?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 2 light tackle fishing trips in Kona, and the most popular trips in the area are Kona Legendary Sportfishing guided by Gaige and Kona Deep Sea Special guided by Gaige.
Our guides in Kona are rated a 5 out of 5 based on 9577 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly light tackle fishing guides in Kona? Check out our beginner and family friendly light tackle fishing guides in Kona.
What types of light tackle fishing charters are common in Kona?
Deep Sea fishing is the most popular for light tackle fishing in Kona as well as nearshore fishing.
The most commonly sought after species for light tackle fishing in Kona are: 1. blue marlin, 2. spearfish, 3. striped marlin, and 4. wahoo.
How much do Kailua-Kona light tackle fishing charters cost?
for light tackle fishing in Kona prices can range anywhere from an affordable $1,300 to $1,500, but the average price for a full day trip for light tackle fishing in Kona is $1,400.
What month is best for on a light tackle fishing charter in Kona?
The most popular season to go on a light tackle fishing charter in Kona is summer, and most anglers book their trips 59 days in advance.
Do I need a Kona fishing license and what are the bag limits in Kona?
You’re in luck! Our fishing tours in Kona don’t require you to purchase a fishing license – your group is covered by your boat’s captain. See here for more information on bag limits and fishing season regulations in Kona.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Had an awesome time, and definitely once in a lifetime trip! Captain Gaige was very welcoming and helpful and his first mate was also very helpful with my boys and I fishing. The boat is extremely well maintained and cared for, and it sounds like they work hard to make sure it’s up to date with the latest technology to make for a great experience. We were hoping for a fun day, and got just that with our first Blue Marlin and a spearfish as well! Definitely some fun action! I will definitely be scheduling again the next time I make it out!
Matthew O. with Gaige I. of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Dale and his deckhand were extremely professional, my father is an older gentleman that is not very mobile, they went above and beyond and accommodating for him, and my son caught his first blue marlin!!!!! They were wonderful and I’m looking forward to another day on the ocean with him tomorrow, if it was anything like today, it will be a day to remember
Kirk E. with Dale L. of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Capt. Dale and first mate Jack were great. The 31’ Bertram was clean and spacious and ran smooth as can be, and the canopy came in handy on a Sunny day. While the Marlin fishing was slow (listening to the radio, none of the boats in the tournament caught), we couldn’t have had a better time swapping stories with Dale and Jack, downing some Big Island brews, taking in the scenery, and watching whales breach. Hope to do it again soon! -Jonathan with Captain Experiences
Jonathan N. with Dale L. of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Everying as promised. If you want a fishing experience captain Dale is your man. We had an amazing day and Dale and Jack took care of us. Can't say enough about the experience and we had ages 8 to 80 involved. Great times aboard the Sea Strike.
Tom H. with Dale L. of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Other Featured Cities
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters
How are fishing conditions in Kona?
View Kona Fishing Reports from our damn good guides.