4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Heavy Tackle Fishing Guides Near Dallas, Tx
Texas Alligator Gar Classic
Top Types of Heavy Tackle Fishing Trips in Dallas
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a fishing trip in Dallas
What are the best heavy tackle fishing trips in Dallas?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 3 heavy tackle fishing trips in Dallas, and the most popular trips in the area are Texas Alligator Gar Classic guided by Bubba, Trophy Blue Cat Trip guided by Milton, and Bardwell Lake Catfish Trip guided by Milton.
Our guides in Dallas are rated a 5 out of 5 based on 9583 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly heavy tackle fishing guides in Dallas? Check out our beginner and family friendly heavy tackle fishing guides in Dallas.
What types of heavy tackle fishing trips are common in Dallas?
Lake fishing is the most popular for heavy tackle fishing in Dallas as well as river fishing.
The most commonly sought after species for heavy tackle fishing in Dallas are: 1. blue catfish and 2. alligator gar.
How much does a Dallas heavy tackle fishing fishing trip cost?
for heavy tackle fishing in Dallas prices can range anywhere from an affordable $450 to $950, but the average price for a full day trip for heavy tackle fishing in Dallas is $650.
What month is best for on a heavy tackle fishing trip in Dallas?
The most popular season to go on a heavy tackle fishing trip in Dallas is spring, and most anglers book their trips 23 days in advance.
Do I need a Dallas fishing license and what are the bag limits in Dallas?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in Dallas, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in Dallas. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in Dallas.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Great trip, guides were excellent, friendly and accommodating! They put in the time and effort to get us on fish even late into the tear on a cold day when fishing east expected to be good
Jeromy K. with Bubba B. of Dallas, Texas
Great time with our guide cody. Will be back again .
Timothy D. with Bubba B. of Dallas, Texas
We went out with one of Milton's guides, Captain Manny. We chatted over texts before the trip and I'm glad we did. He asked about what we were expecting; trophies or quantity. This led him to suggest a different lake, which was the same distance from us. And it was perfect! He educated us on catfishing around the area and we picked his brain about fishing in general. That alone is worth the price of a guide. On top of that, he put us on a 20 lb blue in the first 15 minutes. The boat was very roomy for the 3 of us plus the Captain and just about anything else you would want to bring. I would consider this a very family and beginner friendly trip. They provided all gear and tackle. It whole process was so convenient I'm already thinking about the next dates I can get out there again.
Adam M. with Milton N. of Dallas, Texas
We went with Cody and had a great time. I bass fish a lot but never thought about Alligator Gar fishing. But some friends from Czech Republic came to see me and that was on there bucket list. So we booked with Captain Experiences. The whole experience from start to finish was great. Shawna was great and keep us updated on everything. and was very quick to respond to any questions that we had. Cody sure knows what he is doing. our largest was 160.25 lbs. and I do think I will be going back. I do recommend you give it a try. Terry Varden
Terry V. with Bubba B. of Dallas, Texas
Other Featured Cities
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters
How are fishing conditions in Dallas?
View Dallas Fishing Reports from our damn good guides.