4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Cut Bait Fishing Charters Near Matagorda, Tx
Top Types of Cut Bait Fishing Trips in Matagorda
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a Matagorda cut bait fishing charter
What are the best cut bait fishing charters in Matagorda?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 4 cut bait fishing trips in Matagorda, and the most popular trips in the area are Half-Day Trip (Palacios TX) guided by Jordan and Full Day Trip Matagorda guided by Jordan.
Our guides in Matagorda are rated a 4 out of 5 based on 9581 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly cut bait fishing guides in Matagorda? Check out our beginner and family friendly cut bait fishing guides in Matagorda.
What types of cut bait fishing charters are common in Matagorda?
Inshore fishing is the most popular for cut bait fishing in Matagorda as well as flats fishing and nearshore fishing.
The most commonly sought after species for cut bait fishing in Matagorda are: 1. flounder, 2. redfish, 3. speckled trout, and 4. sheepshead.
How much do Matagorda cut bait fishing charters cost?
for cut bait fishing in Matagorda prices can range anywhere from an affordable $600 to $1,050, but the average price for a half day trip for cut bait fishing in Matagorda is $600. The average price for a full day trip for cut bait fishing in Matagorda is $800.
What month is best for on a cut bait fishing charter in Matagorda?
The most popular season to go on a cut bait fishing charter in Matagorda is spring, and most anglers book their trips 37 days in advance.
Do I need a Matagorda fishing license and what are the bag limits in Matagorda?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in Matagorda, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in Matagorda. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in Matagorda.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
We had a late cancellation from another captain and were excited that Jordan could fit us in on short notice. Great day out and came home with fish…good times!
Daniel B. with Jordan M. of Matagorda, Texas
Captain Reyes did an outstanding job. My son and I had planned to meet him in Matagorda and fish East Matagorda Bay. A few days before the trip, he texted suggesting that we meet him in Palacios and fish West Matagorda Bay because he’d had several days of good catches there. We agreed and had a great day on the water. We caught our limit of speckled trout and had a good haul of black drum. He was very attentive and hardworking. I highly recommend him.
Tom N. with Reyes P. of Matagorda, Texas
Great guide on a very slow day he got us on fish. None of them were keepers but that’s not Captain Stans fault
Don D. with Stan S. of Matagorda, Texas
Amazing experience! Captain Chad drove 50 miles to the next city just so we’d have good live bait for our trip. With that being said we caught 40 fish and 20 keepers. Even managed to get on some Reds in late January weather. We will definitely be booking another trip with Captain “Chappy”. If you’re looking to catch fish in a relaxed setting with someone who knows there stuff, look No Further.
Chris R. with Chad K. of Matagorda, Texas
A great day of fishing. Thank you Jordan
Paul M. with Jordan M. of Matagorda, Texas
Captain Jordan was an excellent captain. With a fishing tournament going on, we caught about twice the fish as any of them. For Matagorda Bay fishing, he knows where the fish hit. Also a pleasure to work with.
George K. with Jordan M. of Matagorda, Texas
Other Featured Cities
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters
How are fishing conditions in Matagorda?
View Matagorda Fishing Reports from our damn good guides.