4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Heavy Tackle Fishing Charters In Georgia
Top Types of Heavy Tackle Fishing Trips in Georgia
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a Georgia heavy tackle fishing charter
What are the best heavy tackle fishing charters in Georgia?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 4 heavy tackle fishing trips in Georgia, and the most popular trips in the area are 1/2 day Quick Offshore Trip guided by James, Bull Reds & More on the GA Coast guided by Jay, and Full Day Offshore Trip guided by James.
Our guides in Georgia are rated a 5 out of 5 based on 9581 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly heavy tackle fishing guides in Georgia? Check out our beginner and family friendly heavy tackle fishing guides in Georgia.
What types of heavy tackle fishing charters are common in Georgia?
Deep Sea fishing is the most popular for heavy tackle fishing in Georgia as well as nearshore fishing and inshore fishing.
The most commonly sought after species for heavy tackle fishing in Georgia are: 1. amberjack, 2. barracuda, 3. kingfish, and 4. black seabass.
How much do Georgia heavy tackle fishing charters cost?
for heavy tackle fishing in Georgia prices can range anywhere from an affordable $575 to $1,050, but the average price for a half day trip for heavy tackle fishing in Georgia is $850. The average price for a full day trip for heavy tackle fishing in Georgia is $771.
What month is best for on a heavy tackle fishing charter in Georgia?
The most popular season to go on a heavy tackle fishing charter in Georgia is summer, and most anglers book their trips 14 days in advance.
Do I need a Georgia fishing license and what are the bag limits in Georgia?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in Georgia, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in Georgia. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in Georgia.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Tad was a great guide! We had a wonderful time learming from him and celebrating our catches.
Adele J. with Tad M. of Blue Ridge, Georgia
Had an absolute blast. Great guide, patient, and very knowledgeable. Will do it again soon!
Scott P. with Chris S. of Roswell, Georgia
Had a great time with Captain Bill! Caught some big sharks right off the shore. He did a great job of helping us find and land fish when we had trouble finding reds at the beginning of the day. He also did a great job of making sure we were having fun through telling funny stories and not worrying about the time. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good time when they’re in St. Simon’s.
Justin O. with Jay C. of Darien, Georgia
We had an unbelievable time with Captain James and I can't wait to fish with him again. Was in the area for a wedding and was looking to head offshore so we booked with James. He kept in touch leading up to our trip and let us know the kings were running. We headed out through the St. Mary's jetties and set up on the troll after catching some baitfish on the buoys. There were a couple other boats out and no one seemed to get a bite, the kings just weren't biting. From there, Capt. James took us to one of his snapper spots and we reeled em in on every drop. Everyone caught fish and James was super patient helping one buddy who was offshore for the first time. James was a blast to fish with and was super knowledgeable about the area and its history. His center console split the chop like butter. Will be back! - Jonathan with Captain Experiences
Jonathan N. with James W. of St. Marys, Georgia
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters
How are fishing conditions in Georgia?
View Georgia Fishing Reports from our damn good guides.