4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Featured Fishing Charters Near Annapolis, Md
Everything to Know About Booking a Fishing Charter in Annapolis
What are the best fishing charters in Annapolis?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 1 trip in Annapolis: Annapolis Fishing Charters guided by Dorothy.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
What types of fishing charters are common in Annapolis?
Inshore fishing is the most popular in Annapolis as well as nearshore fishing.
The most commonly sought after species in Annapolis are: 1. bluefish, 2. flounder, 3. perch, and 4. rockfish.
The most common fishing techniques in Annapolis are artificial lure fishing, bottom fishing, and light tackle fishing but live bait fishing and trolling are popular as well.
How much do Annapolis fishing charters cost?
in Annapolis prices can range anywhere from $650 to $3,000 and up, but the average price for a full day trip in Annapolis is $2,190.
What month is best for fishing in Annapolis?
The best time to go fishing can depend on a number of factors. Call us to talk fishing!
Do I need a Annapolis fishing license and what are the bag limits in Annapolis?
You’re in luck! Our fishing tours in Annapolis don’t require you to purchase a fishing license – your group is covered by your boat’s captain. See here for more information on bag limits and fishing season regulations in Annapolis.
Annapolis Fishing Overview
Annapolis, Maryland, is a prime destination for inshore and nearshore anglers. Located along the Chesapeake Bay, this historic state capital is renowned for its sailing culture and offers excellent fishing opportunities. Striped Bass, or Rockfish, is the most sought-after species in these waters, but Redfish, Spotted Seatrout, Croaker, Black Seabass, Fluke, Spanish Mackerel, Tautog, Bluefish, and more can also be found.
Annapolis fishing charters provide a variety of trips to suit all levels of experience, from half-day excursions for beginners and families to full-day trips for avid anglers. The fishing season is open year-round, with the best action occurring from spring through the end of the year.
To fish in saltwater, your license will be included in your Annapolis fishing charter, and you only need to register with the Maryland Saltwater Fishing Registry. For freshwater fishing, you must obtain an MD freshwater license before traveling. Your professional guide will have all the necessary knowledge regarding bag and size limits and other regulations.
Annapolis Inshore Fishing
While the Chesapeake Bay is home to many species including bluefish, redfish, speckled trout, perch, and fluke, it is the striped bass(in the area commonly called rockfish) that takes the cake as the signature fish of the Bay. It is a state fish of both Maryland and Virginia because of its popularity among anglers for sport and food.
Trolling the Chesapeake Bay for rockfish is a great way for any angler to spend their day. Head out with an umbrella lure in the upper Bay during the May trophy season for your chance to land a beast. October (or Rocktober) is when the main season is firing on all cylinders and the fish go into a feeding frenzy when it starts to get colder. If trolling isn’t for you, rockfish arent too picky - you can fish with spoons as well, and many locals swear by nightcrawlers and bloodworms.
Popular Types of Fishing In Annapolis
Annapolis fishing charters offer a variety of options for anglers of all levels. The most common types of fishing charters in Annapolis are Chesapeake Bay fishing charters, bottom fishing charters, and fly fishing charters.
Chesapeake Bay fishing charters are perfect for those looking to catch striped bass, bluefish, and perch. Bottom fishing charters are great for targeting species like flounder, sea bass, and tautog. Fly fishing charters are ideal for those who want to catch trout, shad, and smallmouth bass.
Annapolis fishing charters typically depart from landmarks like the Annapolis City Dock or the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. So, whether you're a seasoned angler or a beginner, there's an Annapolis fishing charter that's perfect for you.
The Best Places To Fish In Annapolis
Annapolis, Maryland is a great place for fishing enthusiasts. With its numerous waterways and abundant fish species, there are plenty of places to cast your line. Here are some of the best places to fish in Annapolis:
1. Chesapeake Bay Bridge - This iconic landmark is not only a great place to take in the views, but it's also a popular spot for fishing charters.
2. Jonas Green Park - Located on the Severn River, this park offers a peaceful setting for fishing and crabbing.
3. Sandy Point State Park - With its long stretch of beach and fishing pier, this park is a favorite among anglers.
4. Thomas Point Park - This park is known for its excellent striped bass fishing and is a popular spot for fishing charters.
5. South River - This scenic river is home to a variety of fish species, including largemouth bass, bluegill, and catfish.
6. Kent Island - Located just east of Annapolis, Kent Island is a great place for fishing charters and offers a chance to catch striped bass, bluefish, and more.
7. Severn River - This river is a popular spot for fishing charters and is known for its abundance of rockfish and blue crabs.
8. Herring Bay - This bay is a great place for fishing charters and offers a chance to catch striped bass, bluefish, and more.
9. Rhode River - This river is a peaceful spot for fishing and is home to a variety of fish species, including largemouth bass, catfish, and perch.
10. Magothy River - This river is a popular spot for fishing charters and is known for its excellent striped bass fishing.
Other Things To Do In Annapolis
While Annapolis fishing charters are a popular attraction, there are plenty of other things to do in this charming city. Take a stroll through the historic district and admire the colonial architecture, or visit the United States Naval Academy Museum to learn about the history of the Navy. For a fun family outing, head to the Chesapeake Children's Museum or the Annapolis Maritime Museum. If you're looking for outdoor activities, rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the Chesapeake Bay, or take a scenic hike at Quiet Waters Park. And don't forget to indulge in some delicious seafood at one of Annapolis' many waterfront restaurants.
Other Featured Cities
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters