4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Heavy Tackle Fishing Charters Near Matagorda Bay
Top Types of Heavy Tackle Fishing Trips in Matagorda Bay
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a Matagorda Bay heavy tackle fishing charter
What are the best heavy tackle fishing charters in Matagorda Bay?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 2 heavy tackle fishing trips in Matagorda Bay, and the most popular trips in the area are Port O'Connor "Texas Triple" guided by Rick and POC Cast and Blast Fun! guided by Rick.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
The most popular city to book a Heavy Tackle Fishing charter in is Port O'Connor.
Looking for kid friendly heavy tackle fishing guides in Matagorda Bay? Check out our beginner and family friendly heavy tackle fishing guides in Matagorda Bay.
What types of heavy tackle fishing charters are common in Matagorda Bay?
Inshore fishing is the most popular for heavy tackle fishing in Matagorda Bay as well as flats fishing and nearshore fishing.
The most commonly sought after species for heavy tackle fishing in Matagorda Bay are: 1. black drum, 2. blacktip shark, 3. flounder, and 4. redfish.
How much do Matagorda Bay heavy tackle fishing charters cost?
for heavy tackle fishing in Matagorda Bay prices can range anywhere from an affordable $550 to $1,200, but the average price for a half day trip for heavy tackle fishing in Matagorda Bay is $583. The average price for a full day trip for heavy tackle fishing in Matagorda Bay is $860.
What month is best for on a heavy tackle fishing charter in Matagorda Bay?
The most popular season to go on a heavy tackle fishing charter in Matagorda Bay is summer, and most anglers book their trips 30 days in advance.
Do I need a Matagorda Bay fishing license and what are the bag limits in Matagorda Bay?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in Matagorda Bay, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in Matagorda Bay. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in Matagorda Bay.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Terry was by far the best guide we’ve had in Matagorda! It’s obvious he knows the bay & where the fish are, in addition to being very personable and attentive to our team. A++++
Julia B. with Terry G. of Wharton, Texas
Awesome trip with Captain Collin. He put us on the fish!
Thomas D. with Collin G. of Port O'Connor, Texas
Capt Jon was great! He agreed to go out, even though it was so windy and cold and made sure we had a fun time, even if we didn’t expect to have much luck given the conditions. We were victorious over the gulls however and got several great fish!
Elizabeth S. with Jon P. of Port O'Connor, Texas
I had an absolute blast going out with Captain Kevin. He was very knowledgeable and is guaranteed to give you a great, memorable fishing experience. I definitely plan on booking as many trips with him as I possible can!
Erik P. with Kevin L. of Galveston, Texas
Great guide on a very slow day he got us on fish. None of them were keepers but that’s not Captain Stans fault
Don D. with Stan S. of Matagorda, Texas
Amazing experience! Captain Chad drove 50 miles to the next city just so we’d have good live bait for our trip. With that being said we caught 40 fish and 20 keepers. Even managed to get on some Reds in late January weather. We will definitely be booking another trip with Captain “Chappy”. If you’re looking to catch fish in a relaxed setting with someone who knows there stuff, look No Further.
Chris R. with Chad K. of Matagorda, Texas
Good experience learned a lot . Did not catch any fish but enjoyed the company.
Gavin B. with John A. of Port O'Connor, Texas
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters