4.94 / 5 Average Review Score
Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Featured Fishing Charters Near Vero Beach, Fl
Top Types of Fishing in Vero Beach
Top Targeted Species in Vero Beach
Half Day and Full Day Fishing Trips in Vero Beach
Everything to Know About Booking a Fishing Charter in Vero Beach
What are the best fishing charters in Vero Beach?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 16 trips in Vero Beach, and the most popular trips in the area are Stuart Offshore Big Game Hunting guided by Allan, Fort Pierce Offshore Ripper guided by Jonathan, and Half to Full Day Trip - 23' Cuda guided by Brandon.
Our guides in Vero Beach are rated a 5 out of 5 based on 7329 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Another popular city nearby for booking a charter is Fort Pierce.
What types of fishing charters are common in Vero Beach?
Inshore fishing is the most popular in Vero Beach as well as nearshore fishing.
The most commonly sought after species in Vero Beach are: 1. black grouper, 2. cobia, 3. flounder, and 4. gag grouper.
The most common fishing techniques in Vero Beach are artificial lure fishing, heavy tackle fishing, and jigging but light tackle fishing and live bait fishing are popular as well.
How much do Vero Beach fishing charters cost?
in Vero Beach prices can range anywhere from $300 to $3,000 and up, but the average price for a half day trip in Vero Beach is $486. The average price for a full day trip in Vero Beach is $1,346.
What month is best for fishing in Vero Beach?
The most popular season for fishing in Vero Beach is summer, and most anglers book their trips 27 days in advance.
Do I need a Vero Beach fishing license and what are the bag limits in Vero Beach?
If you’re thinking about a saltwater trip, you’re in luck! Our saltwater fishing tours in Vero Beach don’t require you to purchase a fishing license – your group is covered by your boat’s captain. For freshwater trips, you’ll still need to purchase a license. See here for more information on fishing licenses, bag limits, and fishing season regulations in Vero Beach. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations.
Vero Beach Fishing Overview
Vero Beach, a small city in Florida, is a popular destination for anglers due to its Atlantic-facing beaches, nature trails, and abundant water activities. The city offers a variety of Vero Beach fishing charters that cater to all types of anglers, from deep sea adventurers to inshore anglers. The Indian River Lagoon is a prime location for inshore anglers, with its diverse flora and fauna and thriving populations of Snook, Redfish, and Trout. The lagoon's inlets are also home to Permit, Cobia, Tarpon, and Trevally. The Atlantic waters offer a big game fish bonanza, with Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Marlin, and Swordfish waiting for experienced anglers. However, some species in the area are subject to strict bag and size restrictions, and it's important to consult with an experienced Vero Beach charter captain to ensure compliance with all regulations.
Bass Fishing Vero Beach
There are top-notch freshwater opportunities if you head inland to Lake Okeechobee. Known as one of the best places to bass fish in the world, Okeechobee will not leave you disappointed if you're looking for giant largemouth bass. You don't need to go that far because every other house in Florida is on its own canal. These canals have largemouth bass and other familiar species but are also home to exotic species like peacock bass and oscars.
Vero Beach Inshore Fishing
Inshore fishing near Vero Beach is the perfect place to hit up the countless mangroves and nearby inlets for jack crevalle, redfish, snook, pompano, and tarpon. The nearby Fort Pierce to the south is home to the world record 17 lb spotted sea trout! With jetties, channels, and plenty of backwaters available, the quality of this inshore fishery is unmatched. The inshore opportunities here are abundant and a bucket list fish is only one cast away.
Vero Beach Deep Sea Fishing
If you want to chase trophy sailfish, head out to the gulf stream and legendary Sailfish Alley which is known for being packed with trophy-sized fish. Vero Beach is a hotbed for mahi-mahi, wahoo, tuna, and kingfish. Kite fishing for sailfish is one of the most popular ways for anglers to target these fast fish and is an experience unlike anything else. If you would rather deep drop bait, head out to the reefs for snappers, groupers, and hogfish. The offshore fishing opportunities are next-level in Vero Beach with endless reefs and the Gulf Stream well within reach.
Popular Types of Fishing In Vero Beach
Vero Beach fishing charters offer a variety of options for anglers of all levels. The most common types of fishing charters in Vero Beach include inshore, offshore, and deep-sea fishing.
Inshore fishing charters are perfect for those who want to stay close to shore and catch species such as redfish, snook, and trout. Offshore fishing charters take you further out to sea and target species such as mahi-mahi, kingfish, and sailfish.
For the ultimate fishing adventure, deep-sea fishing charters are the way to go. These charters take you miles offshore to catch big game fish such as marlin, tuna, and swordfish.
Some popular landmarks that Vero Beach fishing charters visit include the Sebastian Inlet, the Indian River Lagoon, and the Fort Pierce Inlet.
The types of fish that are most common to catch in Vero Beach depend on the type of fishing. Inshore fishing typically yields redfish, snook, trout, and tarpon. Offshore fishing can result in catches of mahi-mahi, kingfish, sailfish, and wahoo. Deep-sea fishing is where you'll find the big game fish such as marlin, tuna, and swordfish.
The Best Places To Fish In Vero Beach
Vero Beach, Florida is a prime location for fishing enthusiasts. With its beautiful beaches and abundant waterways, there are plenty of opportunities to catch a variety of fish. Here are some of the best places to fish in Vero Beach, whether you're looking to go on a fishing charter or cast your line from shore:
1. Sebastian Inlet State Park - This popular fishing spot offers both beach and jetty fishing, with a variety of species to catch including snook, redfish, and tarpon.
2. Indian River Lagoon - Known as the ""most biodiverse estuary in North America,"" the Indian River Lagoon is a great place to fish for snook, redfish, trout, and more.
3. Fort Pierce Inlet State Park - This park offers both beach and jetty fishing, with a chance to catch snook, tarpon, and other species.
4. Vero Beach City Marina - This marina offers fishing charters for those looking to venture out into the ocean for a chance to catch sailfish, mahi-mahi, and other big game fish.
5. Wabasso Causeway Park - This park offers a great spot for shore fishing, with a chance to catch snook, redfish, and other species.
6. Blue Cypress Lake - This scenic lake is known for its trophy-sized largemouth bass, making it a popular spot for freshwater fishing.
7. Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge - This protected area offers a unique fishing experience, with a chance to catch snook, redfish, and other species while surrounded by beautiful natural scenery.
Whether you're a seasoned angler or a beginner, Vero Beach has plenty of options for fishing charters and shore fishing alike.
Other Things To Do In Vero Beach
While Vero Beach fishing charters are a popular attraction, there are plenty of other things to do in this Florida city. Take a stroll through the McKee Botanical Garden, where you can admire exotic plants and wildlife. For a bit of history, visit the Vero Beach Museum of Art or the Hallstrom Farmstead, a restored 20th-century farm. If you're looking for outdoor activities, head to the nearby Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge or the Sebastian Inlet State Park for hiking, kayaking, and surfing. And of course, no trip to Vero Beach is complete without a visit to the beautiful beaches, such as South Beach Park or Jaycee Park.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Great Day with Captain Allan. The troll bite for sails was slow but we made up for it with these beautiful and hard fighting Cobia!
Potter R. with Allan B. of Stuart, Florida
More Fishing Charters Near Vero Beach, Fl
Inshore, Nearshore Fishing Charter in Vero Beach
Half to Full Day Trip - 23' Cuda
Flats, Inshore, Jetty, Nearshore Fishing Charter in Melbourne Beach
Sebastian Inlet on Light Tackle
Deep Sea, Nearshore Fishing Charter in Fort Pierce
Fort Pierce Offshore Ripper
Deep Sea Fishing Charter in Stuart
Sportsman's Classic Offshore Trip
Other Featured Cities
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters