Team of Experts Available 24/7
100% Weather Guarantee
Licensed and Insured Guides
Recently Booked Fishing Charters Near South Padre Island
Half Day Private Bay Fishing Trip
Triple Delight -3 Person Private Bay Fishing Trip
Full Day Grind And Wind
Most Popular Types of Trips in South Padre Island
“Our Damn Good Guides go above and beyond to provide you an incredible trip, and we’ve handpicked every single one. We’re passionate about the outdoors and about empowering people to find the perfect-match guide for the trip of a lifetime, every time.”
Jonathan and Attison | Co-founders | Austin, Texas
Everything to Know About Booking a Fishing Charter in South Padre Island
What are the best fishing charters in South Padre Island?
Our Damn Good Guides currently offer 4 trips in South Padre Island, and the most popular trips in the area are Half Day Private Bay Fishing Trip guided by Michael, Triple Delight -3 Person Private Bay Fishing Trip guided by Michael, and Private Snook Fishing Trip guided by Michael.
Our guides in South Padre Island are rated a 5 out of 5 based on 2205 verified reviews on Captain Experiences.
All guides on Captain Experiences are licensed, insured, and vetted by our team. You can access their reviews, click through trip photos, read bios to get to know them, and preview trip details like species, techniques, group sizes, boat specs and more.
Looking for kid friendly charters in South Padre Island? Check out our beginner and family friendly charters in South Padre Island.
What types of fishing charters are common in South Padre Island?
Flats fishing is the most popular in South Padre Island as well as inshore fishing and jetty fishing.
The most commonly sought after species in South Padre Island are: 1. snook, 2. black drum, 3. flounder, and 4. redfish.
The most common fishing techniques in South Padre Island are artificial lure fishing, topwater fishing, and cut bait fishing but drift fishing and sight casting are popular as well.
How much do South Padre Island fishing charters cost?
in South Padre Island prices can range anywhere from an affordable $550 to $800, but the average price for a half day trip in South Padre Island is $606. The average price for a full day trip in South Padre Island is $800.
What month is best for fishing in South Padre Island?
The most popular season for fishing in South Padre Island is spring, and most anglers book their trips 12 days in advance.
Do I need a South Padre Island fishing license and what are the bag limits in South Padre Island?
See here for more information on fishing licenses in South Padre Island, bag limits for target species, and fishing season regulations in South Padre Island. When in doubt, your fishing guide will always know the right rules and regulations in South Padre Island.
Recent Reviews of Captain Experiences
Mike was an awesome captain had a blast he was very knowledgeable and helpful definitely come back and go with him again 😂😂😂🎣🎣🎣
Scott D. with Mike K. of South Padre Island, Texas
My nephew and I went out with Captain Mike Knox on Jan 27th, 2024. Captain Mike was very approachable and personable with his introduction. He set up some rigs before we left the pier which only took a few minutes. His boat is a very comfortable and nicely setup. When we arrived at the fishing location Captain Mike was very informative on what to do and how to do it. He is very patient and informative. We set up a 5-hour trip but had our limits of Red Drum and Speckled Trout in only 3 hours of fishing time. He knew exactly where to go and what to do. When we arrived back at the pier there was a very kind gentleman waiting to clean our fish for us. He will clean them any you want them. I give Captain Mike a solid 5-star review and I will return to fish with him again in the future. THANK YOU, CAPTAIN MIKE KNOX, for a fantastic time.
David D. with Mike K. of South Padre Island, Texas
During our trip, Captain Mike consistently put us on fish in multiple situations despite what I would consider fairly difficult weather conditions. He did a great job with my 12-year old son, who happily landed his first ever slot red, along with several other nice trout and redfish. We would definitely love to fish with Captain Mike again!
Jason C. with Mike K. of South Padre Island, Texas
- Fishing Charters Near Me
- Aransas Pass Fishing Charters
- Austin Fishing Guides
- Biloxi Fishing Charters
- Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters
- Cancun Fishing Charters
- Cape Coral Fishing Charters
- Charleston Fishing Charters
- Clearwater Fishing Charters
- Corpus Christi Fishing Charters
- Crystal River Fishing Charters
- Dauphin Island Fishing Charters
- Daytona Beach Fishing Charters
- Delray Beach Fishing Charters
- Destin Fishing Charters
- Fort Lauderdale Fishing Charters
- Fort Myers Fishing Charters
- Fort Walton Beach Fishing Charters
- Freeport Fishing Charters
- Galveston Fishing Charters
- Gulf Shores Fishing Charters
- Hilton Head Island Fishing Charters
- Islamorada Fishing Charters
- Jacksonville Fishing Charters
- Jupiter Fishing Charters
- Key Largo Fishing Charters
- Key West Fishing Charters
- Kona Fishing Charters
- Marathon Fishing Charters
- Marco Island Fishing Charters
- Miami Fishing Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- New Orleans Fishing Charters
- Orange Beach Fishing Charters
- Panama City Beach Fishing Charters
- Pensacola Fishing Charters
- Port Aransas Fishing Charters
- Port O'Connor Fishing Charters
- Rockport Fishing Charters
- San Diego Fishing Charters
- San Juan Fishing Charters
- Sarasota Fishing Charters
- South Padre Island Fishing Charters
- St. Augustine Fishing Charters
- St. Petersburg Fishing Charters
- Tampa Fishing Charters
- Tarpon Springs Fishing Charters
- Tulum Fishing Charters
- Venice Fishing Charters
- Virginia Beach Fishing Charters
- Wilmington Fishing Charters